POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Blobtower : Blobtower Server Time
20 Jun 2024 07:57:11 EDT (-0400)
  Blobtower
From: Icewind
Date: 10 Dec 2007 07:15:01
Message: <web.475d2c8731c348fb8494f8ad0@news.povray.org>
A while ago i played around with some blobs ... and this, though not much more
than a better test-render, is the result. :)

For those that want to know how it's done: I used a spline to control the
probability to drop a sphere at some random point (depending on the horizontal
distance from the origin). The radii of the spheres are controlled the same way
between the minimal and maximal radius.
The first sphere is dropped on a plane with trace() and then added to a union of
the plane (and other spheres), and the coordinates and radius are saved into an
array. Then the next sphere is dropped, and so on... (More or less the same as
i=i+1. Only with spheres in a union and some abort conditions.)
Then the coordinates and radii are used for the components of a blob.

The only other things here are a point light with photons and a white plane.
Unfortunately i couldn't increase the quality of the photons, as my RAM was
full.

I hope you like it. :)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: